Meet Our Team: Baya Begag
Ideal Shopping Direct has now been in business for over 20 years, and in recognition of this we want to celebrate the people who have made it all possible.
Therefore, we would like to put spotlight onto some of our amazing teammates and this month we would like to introduce Baya Begag, Retail Partnerships Account Manager.
1) When did you first join Ideal Shopping Direct and how did you end up here?
I joined the company when I was 17 years old, in 2015 as part of the Customer Escalations team and have had a few different roles within the company since, from Creative Services to Digital Marketing.
2) Can you explain a little about what your role entails?
I look after our airtime partners, and work with them to drive growth and bring their products and brand to life, through the power of live television. I then work alongside our internal teams to make it all happen!
A typical day for me would consist of contract writing, pitching, live show formatting, logistics, product development, reporting and financials and new business development. It’s really varied and that’s one of the things I enjoy most about the role.
3) What’s the best thing about your role?
The variety of great industries and types of client I get to work with. No day is the same, and it certainly keeps me on my toes!
4) What’s your biggest work accomplishment at ISD?
My biggest work accomplishment would have to be, receiving the Employee of the Year award back in 2017.
5) If you could give one piece of advice to someone else in your role, what would it be?
Enjoy and take pride in what you do and have lots of coffee on standby!
6) How would you describe Ideal Shopping Direct in 3 words?
Collaborative, Innovative and Evolving.