Ideal Shopping Direct Ltd · Peterborough, UK
This Warehouse Specialist role is primarily a Goods-in position. We are looking for a candidate who is open to the normal duties of a Specialist (outlined below) with desire to expand their skillset and train as a part-time Forklift Truck driver. This role will be approximately 80% goods-in, and after training for a Forklift certification, will also do 20% FLT work (as below).
- Carry out Picking duties to deliver high productivity levels in line with agreed targets
- Ensure product is accurately picked from correct locations and in correct quantities
- Ensure discrepancies/errors identified during the Picking process are escalated as per current process for resolution and follow-up
- Carry out Packing duties to deliver high productivity levels in line with agreed targets
- Ensure product is accurately and appropriately packed against despatch notes
- During Packing process, identify Picking discrepancies and escalate as per current process for resolution and follow-up
- Maintain and pro-actively contribute to general housekeeping standards as required
- Demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Contribute to coaching of others as required
- Carry out other reasonable duties as requested by line manager
- Maintain required Health & Safety standards at all times
Fork Lift Driver Responsibilities:
- To deal with the movement of product within the Warehouse, using the appropriate Fork Lift Truck.
- To carry out aisle and housekeeping checks as and when required.
- To understand the systems and have a working knowledge of all warehouse departments.
- To maintain Company Health & Safety standards at all times.
- To maintain the Fork Lift Truck logbooks daily and report any faults.
- To follow all legal and Company requirements to the use of forklifts in the Warehouse.
- To keep operations area clean and tidy at all times.
- Interested in developing skills, by training for (or updating) a Forklift certification
- ‘Can Do’ Attitude and Approach
- Team Player
- Flexible approach to work content and patterns
Shift pattern (with a willingness to be flexible): Mon-Fri, 6am - 3pm ~40 hours per week.