Warehouse Shift Manager
Ideal Shopping Direct Ltd · Peterborough, UK
Job Title: 12 month Fixed Term Warehouse Shift Manager
Job Purpose: Responsible for the safe, effective and cost-efficient management of all Warehouse Operations to deliver agreed business SLA’s.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday (40 hours)
The Company: Ideal Shopping Direct Limited is one of the largest TV Home Shopping Channels in the UK. Our head office and state-of-the art TV studios are based in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire. Television shopping brings together the media and retail industries in an exclusive way, allowing people to pursue careers as diverse as lighting engineer, buyer or logistics manager. The excitement of live television infuses the atmosphere at Ideal: we are proud of what we achieve, but we have fun along the way!
We are seeking a Warehouse Shift Manager on a 12-month FTC basis, offering a salary of £28,500 per annum, working Monday-Friday 8.00am-5.00pm, 40 hours per week.
Responsible for the safe, effective and cost-efficient management of all Warehouse Operations to deliver agreed business SLA’s.
- Drive a safety culture within the warehouse teams
- Use audit techniques to ensure work areas are safe and housekeeping standards are maintained
- Oversee Health and Safety management, reporting and training on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, ensuring timely completion of all relevant reporting, and maintenance of MHE Licences as required
- Ensure the security of the premises and stock is always maintained, inclusive of key holder controls and responsibilities
- Manage 5S and housekeeping standards including waste management
- Ensure sufficient people resource is available on a flexible skills basis to maintain internal SLAs as agreed.
- Oversee management of Holidays, Sickness & Absence, and other HR processes, ensuring all documentation is completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Conduct regular performance reviews with team members and build effective PDPs/PIPs in order to build succession and improve skills/performance
- Conduct disciplinary and grievance activities as required
- Manage effective achievement of KPI’s
- Manage processes to ensure consistent achievement of agreed business SLA’s
- Lead consistently efficient and effective processes, ensuring product is appropriately prioritised to support achievement of customer expectation
- Drive a continuous improvement culture across the warehouse teams
- Identify opportunities for cost-saving and efficiency-improvement activities and implement as required in a timely manner
- Work with the Warehouse Management Team and colleagues in other functions to contribute to Warehouse or Company initiatives/projects
- Pro-actively support other Teams/Shifts in the achievement of overall Warehouse targets/SLAs
- Manage business planning, reporting and analysis as required
- Develop robust relationships with key stakeholders to enable sharing and analysis of information and feedback to drive improvement
- Understand and achieve budgeted costs for the department with no detrimental effect on service, escalating areas of concern to line manager
- Monitor and report on individual/team productivity performance within current guidelines
- Carry out other reasonable duties as requested by line manager
- Creative and independent thinker/problem solver.
- Methodical and analytical in approach
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Drives a ‘Can do’ attitude and approach
- Results orientated
- Team player and able to use own initiative to drive ideas and performance
- Customer focused
- Leader not a follower
- Flexibility to work across other shifts and sites as required