Ideal Shopping Direct Ltd · Peterborough, UK
Ideal Shopping Direct Ltd - Software Developer
We are seeking a Software Developer, offering a salary of £35-£40,000 pa, working Monday-Friday. You will be contractually based in our office in Peterborough but due to current Coronavirus restrictions, will be able to work from home.
You will be required to design and develop innovative software solutions, following industry best practice and department procedures and policies throughout the Project Lifecycle. You will be expected to assist your team members as necessary, helping to maintain skill levels across the team.
• C# / .NET Developer experienced in maintaining and extending existing systems, including MVC, APIs, WCF, Webforms, and Windows Services
• Be familiar with Unit Testing with Moq and NUnit, or equivalent
• Software development, web site creation, and maintenance of in-house developed systems
• Participate in a wide range of development tasks, working to extend and improve existing systems as well as developing brand new systems.
• Be able to recognise system deficiencies and implement effective solutions.
• Adhere to coding standards and practices
• Assist with the deployment and support of applications produced by the development team.
• Demonstrate experience in the quick and successful adoption of new technologies.
• Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
• Strong understanding of object orientated concepts.
• Good knowledge of software architectures, and design techniques.
• Take an active part in a department with a strong team ethic.
• Communicate clearly to the rest of the team, and will be required to take responsibility for all assigned tasks
• Solid proven experience of development/coding
• Develop strong working relationships with other sections of the wider team (testing, analysis, project management)
• Excellent Team player with good interpersonal and communications skills
• Able to develop solutions as part of a team or as an individual
• Entrepreneurial spirit, personal and professional integrity and a desire to relentlessly strive to obtain excellence
• High attention to detail and strong technical knowledge.
• Problem solving
• Flexible and responsive, willing to take ownership
• Ability to work under pressure to get job done
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org