Senior QA Technologist
Ideal Shopping Direct Ltd · Peterborough, UK
Job Title: Quality Assurance Senior Technologist
We are recruiting!
Ideal Shopping Direct Ltd UK’s most exciting TV Home Shopping Channel. Do you want to join a broad team of professionals dedicated to creating a truly entertaining and fun shopping experience from the comfort of our customers own home.
Do you have the skills and expertise required to work in our fast paced, thriving business?
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Senior Technologist will take ownership of the talented QA team and will work on strengthening relationships with suppliers, internal business partners and external agencies. The role will involve shaping the strategic vision of the team and further streamlining processes and procedures to ensure the QA team is prepared for the demands of an evolving and dynamic business.
Salary Bracket: £40,000-£45,000 pa
Some of your duties would include…
• Day to day management of the QA function for ISD which includes line management responsibility for 5 QA technologists;
• Responsible for the strategic vision and output of the QA team, including adopting, reviewing and introducing new processes and procedures to drive productivity and ensure that the QA team is a valued and strategic business partner;
• Technical knowledge and ability to evaluate the quality, performance and compliance of products against all applicable legislation and safety standards with a background in electrical goods;
• Be the initial point of contact for external agencies on compliance matters e.g. Trading Standards, ASA, Environmental Agency.
• Provide guidance and training to all business functions on compliance matters e.g. ASA compliance, Consumer Regulations, pricing practices, WEEE Regulations, Product Recalls.
• Be the QA escalation contact for all business functions and key supplier relationships;
Who we are looking for………
• Someone with significant experience of working in a Quality Assurance role at a senior level in a manufacturing or retail environment;
• Solid knowledge and experience of QA principles, techniques and statutory requirements ideally with a background knowledge in electrical products;
• The ability to manage and direct the QA team to meet the needs of the business;
• Dedicated to working to a high standard with internal and external business partners;
• Knowledge of key compliance areas e.g. ASA guidance, consumer regulations, pricing practices and WEEE Regulations;
• The key contact to external regulatory agencies and act in a competent and knowledgeable manner alongside building relationships;
• The ability to work on numerous projects and work stream simultaneously and to be able to prioritise work for yourself and the team to meet deadlines and business needs;
• A “can do” attitude that offers solutions to the business and leads change.