Mid Level Editor
Ideal Shopping Direct Ltd · Peterborough, UK
Job Title: Mid-Level Editor
Job Purpose: Oversee all work in Post Production ensuring all work scheduled meets the deadline and quality expected. To edit VT and Promos from rushes through to finished broadcast quality VT as required.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- Editing channel VT’s to the highest quality for broadcast and web.
- Meet all project deadlines and forward plan with the Senior Editor & Creative Services Manager.
- Support Senior Editor with day to day work flow, scheduling projects, work allocation and attending wider business meetings in the absence of the Senior Editor.
- Being responsible for bigger, more high profile projects and dealing with the more extensive work load.
- Liaising with external clients with regards to QC, dealing with assets, delivery and discussing projects.
- Understanding of channel branding and continuity.
- Capturing and logging of material ready for edit.
- Audio manipulation and sound mixing techniques.
- Audio recording and VO recording, ensuring correct QC procedures are followed when dealing with audio on projects.
- Colour grading and correction. Working with Creative Producers on grades and ensuring end results are at the highest possible standards and broadcast quality.
- Proficient knowledge on the hardware used within the edit department, in order to resolve basic trouble shooting.
- QC assessment.
- Admin associated with logging material in to our internal database and library.
- Assist in training new team members in our operations and working processes as well as developing relevant skills to the departmental standards.
- Liaise with other departments and attend meetings in order to collate relevant information on upcoming events and special requests, communicating briefs effectively back to team.
- Be a good team player.
- Possess initiative.
- Good communication skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Good IT skills.
- Knowledge and Interest in new technologies.
- Advanced knowledge in using Adobe Premiere.
- Proficient in After Effects and Photoshop.
- Export/conversion principles.
- Capturing and logging of assets ready for edit.
- In depth knowledge of audio manipulation and sound mixing techniques.
- Colour grading and correction.
- Proficient in all software and Hardware used
- Good sound working knowledge of camera equipment.
- QC assessment.
- Appropriate IT skills