Ideal Shopping Direct Ltd · Peterborough, UK
Ideal Shopping Direct Limited is one of the largest TV Home Shopping Channels in the UK. Our head office and state-of-the art TV studios are based in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire. Television shopping brings together the media and retail industries in an exclusive way, allowing people to pursue careers as diverse as lighting engineer, buyer or logistics manager. The excitement of live television infuses the atmosphere at Ideal: we are proud of what we achieve, but we have fun along the way!
We are seeking a Junior Photographer, offering a salary of £20,500 pa, working Monday to Friday.
In this busy role, you will be assisting photographers within the Digital Imaging Department with general admin, image handling and digital editing tasks. From time to time you will be required to assist the photographer on shoots and may be requested on occasions to photograph basic pack shots.
• Running relevant reports for the photographers to identify which items require a pack shot image to support the scheduled shows, and create worksheets from all other requests that come from various departments within the business.
• Liaise with Commercial teams and Sample Coordination to ensure samples and supplier images are available in a timely manner.
• Download photographer’s images and upload supplier images renaming the images with item number/file name, attaching any required metadata.
• Using Adobe software to edit or digitally enhance the image to a high standard.
• Distribute completed work in the correct size and format for to the relevant locations whilst managing and maintaining departmental filing systems.
• Maintain images across the sites by ensuring that we have saved the correct images in their appropriate format and location, correcting any issues that may arise.
• Communicate when work is complete to relevant area and request feedback where required.
• Assist in attaining and returning samples, assisting on photography shoots when required.
• Required to shoot pack shot and life style photography under senior supervision.
• Look at ways of working, and propose ideas, for the administration area of the department to enhance our service to the Company.
• Assist with any additional duties as necessary.
• Recognised photography qualification minimum level 3
• PC Literate
• Highly motivated
• Be a good team player
• Good communication skills
• Strong imitative
• Work well under pressure
• Good time management skills
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please send your CV, covering letter and portfolio to: email@example.com.