Ideal Shopping Direct Ltd · Peterborough, UK
We are recruiting for a Finance Manager!
Ideal Shopping Direct Ltd UK’s most exciting TV Home Shopping Channel. Do you want to join a broad team of professionals dedicated to creating a truly entertaining and fun shopping experience from the comfort of our customers own home.
Do you have the skills and expertise required to work in our fast paced, thriving business? If you responded ‘yes’, please keep reading!
We are looking for a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a proven track record of financial and management reporting. The role will involve providing timely accounts, reports, KPI’s, performance information along with other financial and non-financial data for three areas of our business ensuring that department managers have adequate and appropriate information to enable them to control and manage their areas.
Some of your duties will include:
• Preparation of quality monthly consolidated management accounts & commentary, weekly KPIs, performance information, and other non-financial data.
• Prepare monthly balance sheet and cash flow reports and make ready for consolidation into Group.
• Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis according to timetable, with specific close attention to stock and debtors including deferred payments terms.
• Report debtors, bad debt exposure and collection process through 1st and 2nd stage Debt Collection Agency. Ensure accurate, controlled but simplified accounting is in place.
• Prepare & Manage all US Taxes (Sales, Franchise etc), Import Duty and Duty Deferment returns. Liaise with US tax partners and ensure payments are made on time.
• Prepare Government statistics (ONS) reporting and ensure returns are made in a timely manner. Ensure BEA requirements are met.
• Liaison with Financial Controller, Financial accountant & auditors to complete year end statutory accounts together with corporation tax disclosures (incl. deferred tax) – completion of ‘pro forma’.
• Support the development of Short-term Cash Forecasts (Receipts and Payments model).
• Preparation of detailed corporation tax packs and liaise with tax advisors to ensure the timely submission of returns and payments
• Actively support the identification and management of business risk.
• Management of the Assistant Account.
We are looking for someone who is an effective communicator with the ability to build strong working relationships across the business. The successful candidate will have an analytical approach with strong technical awareness and the ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will also be fully qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with at least 2-3 years’ experience and a proven track record of information delivery to a high standard.
What will we offer you in return:
• Staff Discount 20%
• Life Assurance Scheme
• £40k - £45k salary (depending on experience)