Ideal Shopping Direct Ltd · Peterborough, UK
Job Title: Backstage Assistant
Job Purpose: To support all Backstage department roles to ensure smooth running of the both live studios for live and pre-recorded output. To prepare Product, demonstrations & maximum sample availability for all internal customers through effective communication with the Buying Team. To assist the set design teams in delivering sets within the brand & set style guides. To assist with Preparation of food for visual effect for kitchen product shows & support our On air Chefs during their live shows.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
• Run the studio floor and delegated live shows in conjunction with all relevant TV ops departments.
• Be accountable for studio activity in accordance with H.A.S.A.W.A
• Within daily production meetings liaise with all relevant TV staff regarding the various requirements for their shows.
• Be responsible for all guests and model management within delegated live and pre-recorded hours.
• Ensure the safety of all studio staff and guests in accordance with H.A.S.A.W.A. within delegated live and pre-recorded hours on the studio floor.
• Enforce company studio etiquette guidelines.
• Be accountable for studio and backstage housekeeping where appropriate.
• Risk awareness with respects to product and prop as outlined by the business.
• To promote a professional, approachable and responsible work ethic within the studio teams.
• Provide studio floor technical assistance within allocated live hours – mic pack maintenance, cable bashing; basic lighting obligations.
• Work as part of the backstage team to support the achievement of the departments overall targets.
• Work alongside the Sample Co-ordination team to ensure all shows have been prepared correctly before going to air, conducting final checks of POLS.
• Prep and de-prep all products and demos required for live and pre-recorded shows.
• Work closely with Sets and Props assistant to set up large prop and furniture for live shows.
• Provide health and safety training/briefings to all relevant TV staff in line with the SFM, Studios Manager and business requirements.
• Ensure all samples for shows, including model sizes and variants where appropriate, are accurately picked in advance
• Ensure all relevant checks are performed in a timely fashion, and queries raised via the Buying Team
• Ensure any accompanying literature (e.g. instruction manuals, DVDs, Books) is available for use
• Consistently deliver the agreed standards for picking, laying and de-prepping shows
• Ensure returned samples are fully checked and correctly stored, and that any missing/consumed items/parts are highlighted and appropriate action taken
• Adopt a flexible approach to holiday/sickness cover on opposite shift & other backstage roles
• Complete End of shift checklists, complete handovers to Sample Co-Ordinators
• Ensuring all sets dressed within brand and set style guides.
• Ensuring pack shots are dressed to enhance the product and adhere to brand guidelines
• The production of Photoshop imagery from creative briefs.
• Assist in the set-up of event days within the studio when required
• Liaise with pre-production teams to ensure cohesive running of both everyday set dressing and event day set dressing.
• Assist the floor managers in the set up and de rig of shows.
• Assist with setting up the studio kitchen in preparation for Live/ pre recorded shows.
• Follow and maintain hygiene standards for the prep kitchen, making sure all produce & live demos are properly labelled and stored appropriately. Ensure all fridges, freezers, cupboards, floor and work surfaces are kept to a high standard of cleanliness
• Carry out any other duties as required to support the Backstage Team
o Excellent organisation skills
o Excellent time management skills and flexibility
o Excellent Communication Sills
o A keen and creative mind is required for this role.
o Candidate must be prepared for a fast paced and ever-changing creative challenge.
o Attention to detail is important along with passion for design.
o High level of initiative
o Upbeat, positive and diplomatic.
o Excellent can do approach and willingness to succeed expectations.