Ideal Shopping Direct Ltd · Chesterfield, UK
Assistant Art Editor Maternity Cover 9 months to a year.
Here at Ideal Shopping Direct Ltd we love what we do and require an Art Editor, who can join our fast-growing team!
We are an award winning multi-million-pound craft business, with a huge presence on Create & Craft TV Shopping and we work closely with the likes of Disney and Warner Bros.
Are you a creative and talented Editor looking for a role within a dynamic team?
This position will suit an individual who is looking for a position that offers a variety of work in publications including magazines, project books, catalogues, leaflets and advertisements. Working closely with our Team Leaders you will be open to critique and not afraid to voice opinions and ideas.
This is a varied role and will give the chosen applicant the chance to experience all areas of our business. As the Assistant Art Editor covering maternity leave you will use your skills to:
• Plan, design and layout publications (Tattered Lace magazine and Tattered Lace SVG magazine)
• Create leaflets and adverts for various publications
• Approve proofs and prepare documents to send to Printers
• Liaise with Printers
• Work closely with Education & Publishing Manager
• Work closely with the Media team to produce visual collateral to support the Magazines
• Support other departments as required from a Graphic perspective
• Work closely with the Creative Director to develop and manage the rolling road map for Magazines
• Plan and design Backing Papers for each Magazine
• Often required to create projects/tutorials for publications
• Manage and mentor the Copy Writer
• Liaise with Graphics Coordinator and Creative Dept to ensure new dies samples are produced in a timely fashion for publications
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Good knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, in particular InDesign.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Have good time management when it comes to working on multiple projects at once.
- Be able to work effectively alone as well as part of a team.
- Have a good eye for creating layout, arrangement of copy and illustrative materials as well as font styles and size.
- Have an understanding of print processes and setting up artwork correctly for print.
If this sounds like you and Foundation degree, HND or degree in graphic design or other art and design-based subject we want to hear from you.
Please send us an portfolio, ideally demonstrating the range of your work and showing us the kind of talent, you can offer, along with a CV. Unfortunately, without examples of your work we will not be able to move you to next phase of interview process.
Private medical/dental insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary Maternity Cover
Salary: £24,000-£26,000pa depending on experience
The office is a Covid Secure environment with work areas separated by 2 meters or more. We have temperature check on entering the building for both staff and the limited visitors we have to receive on site. We wear masks whilst moving around the site.